Hazak provides a Jewish home for older adult congregants in our community (generally age 50 and up). Hazak welcomes seniors into a warm, friendly setting where we can connect with each other and the congregation as a whole. Hazak helps seniors make new friends, renew old friendships, and enrich synagogue life.
Hazak means “Be strong.” We become stronger as we strengthen our relationships with each other and with the congregation.
Activities are varied. Monthly meetings provide religious education, socialization, and enrichment. Members carpool to distant venues, so those who drive provide transportation for those who don’t.
Here’s a sampling of Hazak activities:
• Visiting area musuems
- The Dallas Holocaust Museum & Center for Education and Tolerance
- The Chagall exhibit at the Dallas Museum of Art
• Attending performances such as “Fiddler on the Roof” together
• Hosting speakers such as artist Richard Baratz, Sardi’s caricaturist and U.S. currency engraver
• Meeting for dinner at a nearby restaurant
• Sponsoring a congregational Oneg at least once each year
• Celebrating Jewish holidays, holding a Hanukkah Party
• Donating Tzedakah such as a Hanukkah gift basket
For further information contact Sandy Silverman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2012. Congregation Beth Israel. All rights reserved.